Leveraging UCLA Extension Career Services for Accounting & Business Careers
An overview of UCLA Extension career resources and services with a focus on helpful tips for students in the Accounting, Taxation, and Pre-MBA programs.
What you can learn.
- Discover career resources available to UCLA Extension Students
- Explore helpful features and tools of the Handshake Online Job Board
- Understand hiring practices in the fields of accounting and business
- Identify ways to gain experience and alternatives to traditional internships
- Learn resume writing tips for accounting and Pre-MBA students
About this course:This informative Zoom session offers an overview and Q&A regarding the career services offered to UCLA Extension students. Department Manager Jessica Oviedo will review resources including virtual career advising, resume review, career events, online career fairs, internship, and job search strategies. This session will focus on tips for Accounting and Pre-MBA students, including an overview of common hiring practices and resume writing tips. Jessica will also demonstrate how to navigate “Handshake,” the portal for both UCLA Extension and for UCLA which offers access to listings from industry leaders who specifically target the UCLA community.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.