Self-Regulation: How to Manage Yourself So You Can Lead Others
Great leaders at every level use techniques to appear calm, enthusiastic, visionary and supportive. This course will help you discover critical components of managing your feelings and behavior so you can think clearly, creatively, and collaboratively.
What you can learn.
- Master competency in the four elements of self-regulation: Self-Awareness, Compassion, Etiquette, and Behavioral Flexibility
- Display a greater understanding of strengths and weaknesses related to interactions and performance
- Comfortably engage a range of personalities in the workplace
- Visualize the long-term implications of behaviors
- Exhibit self-control over emotions and reactivity
- Respond effectively to changing conditions, priorities and management initiatives
About this course:Great leaders at every level use these techniques to appear calm, enthusiastic, visionary and supportive. Never let anxiety, frustration, or self-doubt get in the way of your enjoying work, teammates, clients, and opportunities to meet and engage anyone. Discover the four critical components of managing your feelings and behavior so you can think clearly, creatively, and collaboratively. Use the “Emotional Spiral,” three levels of feeling-states, to quickly identify where you are. Then apply specific techniques to amplify your positive associations with mastery, optimism, encouragement and joy. Learn the power of self-control to be more present, more self-positive and more engaging! This course is offered fully online and is self-study without an instructor.
Spring 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.