This program is closed to new applicants. For currently enrolled students, please contact your certificate advisor at 310-206-4271 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding certificate completion.
This program is perfect for...
- Professionals in the advertising field looking to enhance knowledge and skills in their field
- Those who are looking to build on their marketing knowledge with a focus on advertising
- People with a personal interest in how the advertising industry is structured
- Individuals with a special interest in the business of advertising
What you can learn.
- Identifying and dealing with risks and crises in business
- Best practices for managing customer relationships
- Effective business communication skills & techniques
- Ethics in the business of advertising
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
The General Business Studies with Concentration in Advertising program curriculum is a total of 36 units, consisting of:
- 20 units of elective coursework in the business management discipline (MGMT X 1-199 and 400-499)*
- Additional 16 units of elective coursework focused in advertising
- One required ethics course or seminar
Courses are typically four units each, but can vary. An average student may take a total of nine courses, plus one required ethics course/seminar, to complete this program.
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
The Certificate in General Business Studies with Concentration in Advertising is approved for international students (F-1 student visa).
International applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting test scores from either TOEFL, IELTS or iTEP. Some applicants may be exempt from this requirement if certain criteria are met.
English language proficiency (minimum*):
- TOEFL iBT: 87
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall
- iTEP Academic-Plus: 4.5