AR/MR/VR for Immersive Content: Experience, Game & Media
What you can learn.
- Gain hands-on access to the latest devices and hardware for this platform, which is predicted to mature into a $100 billion market by 2021
- Be exposed to best practices and insights from over 100,000 hours of AR/VR/MR development (for clients like LEGO, Google, Honda, Disney, Visa and Snap) through real-world case-studies and industry speakers
- Do market research, conceptual design, hands-on prototyping, and testing
- Leave the class with presentations and prototypes for portfolio or further development
- Learn about the AR/VR/MR ecosystem through hands-on interaction with hardware and software
About this course:
Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality/Mixed Reality is the next computing platform after mobile, and is massively impacting industries across a wide range of applications, from consumer entertainment to enterprise tools and training. This course provides hands-on access to the latest devices and hardware. Students are introduced to best practices and insights in AR/VR/MR development through real-world case studies and industry guest speakers that potentially include firms like LEGO, Google, Honda, Disney, and Snap. Students do market research, conceptual design, and hands-on prototyping. They leave the class with presentations and prototypes for portfolio or further development. The subject matter of projects can be related to games, digital/physical products, location-based experiences or enterprise tools and training.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Enrollment limited. No refund after October 3.