Designing Experiences: Exhibit, Retail, Event, and Environmental Graphic Design
Learn to design interactive experiences and create a sense of place for cultural and commercial applications.
What you can learn.
- Further your understanding of how people interact with designed environments and examine how designers create a sense of place
- Get an introduction to environmental design including signage, interior architecture, graphic applications for buildings, event signage, exhibitions, and related graphics
- Explore drawings and models for representation of design solutions (objects, environments, production specifications and materials)
- Examine real-world case studies from the exhibition, retail, trade show, and educational sectors that successfully communicate, engage, educate, and inspire
- Complete projects that expand your understanding of human factors, architectural scale, way-finding, color, motion graphics, presentation media, materials, and methods for creating effective designs for architectural environments
- Join selected field trips that complement and inform course work