DESMA X 479.79H
Discover creative approaches to problem solving while developing your own visual language using photocopies, drawing, found art, photography, matte and gel mediums, and gesso.
What you can learn.
- Develop an understanding of how a variety of traditional media work, alone and when used together
- Differentiate between art techniques and use what is appropriate for your personal work to develop a pathway to signature style
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of traditional media being used by other artists, past, and present
- Articulate clearly in dialogue about art making and mixed media and collage techniques
- Develop a greater sense of self worth within one's “expression” and a desire to share one's collage and assemblage creativity
- Develop a greater appreciation and curiosity of mixed media processes by sharing the work within the dynamics of the class; learn from each other
About this course:
Discover creative approaches to image-making while developing your own visual language using mixed media techniques. Work analog using drawing, painting, acrylic mediums, photocopies and transfer techniques. Work digitally using your analog work and Adobe Photoshop. Students will work on weekly explorations and complete three portfolio pieces. All work is critiqued on clarity of communication and aesthetics.