Unity II: Game Development with Unity and C#
DESMA X 479.7L
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
An advanced exploration of scripting in Unity with C# to create games, apps, and experiences with depth and complexity.
Starting at $759.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Build a solid foundation for scripting in Unity with C# and programming fundamentals
- Gain an understanding of object oriented programming in order to implement real-world entities like inheritance and polymorphism
- Examine scriptable objects, why they matter, and how you can make the best use of it
- Identify overrides, interfaces, and structs, and why they are useful
- Learn about networking, REST APIs, and dynamically loaded content
About this course:
Building on the foundation established in DESMA X 479.7K Unity I: 3D Game Design and Game Engines, students will dive in and create games, apps, and experiences with more depth and complexity. While the first course focused on the Unity editor and only touched upon programming, this course provides a full foundation for scripting in Unity with C#, and programming in general. Students will learn how to handle a plethora of interesting tasks in game development, including systems design (abilities, character progression, enemy AI), saving/loading player progress, and basic networking. We'll also touch upon the latest and greatest Unity features, including Scriptable Render Pipelines, VFX Graph, Shader Graph, and more. Students will come away with a solid grasp of object-oriented programming principles, Unity specific design patterns, and a portfolio of small games and apps.
Fall 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.