Foundation of Malware and Rootkits
COM SCI X 420.11
This course covers the foundation of different types of malware and rootkits, how hackers use different techniques to gain access to systems,and malware propagation techniques, method of infections, & how to detect rootkits.
What you can learn.
- Differentiate between virus, malware, and rootkits
- Understand the propagation technique of malicious software
- Identify rootkits and how they hide within operating systems
- Choose the right software and hardware-based prevention technique against malware and rootkits
- Implement security best practices within an organization to defend against any security threats
About this course:
This course covers the foundation of different types of malware and rootkits. Learn how hackers use different techniques to gain access to systems. The course also covers malware propagation techniques, method of infections, and how to detect rootkits. General security best practices and various prevention technologies such as firewalls, host-based intrusion detection systems and antivirus will also be discussed to protect against malicious software.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Foundation of Malware and Rootkits.