Introduction to PHP with MySQL
This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of the PHP scripting language that dynamically controls the presentation of web pages based on user input and data stored on a server.
What you can learn.
- Know methods for developing user-friendly, programmer-friendly, customer-friendly, reliable, and easily readable integrated PHP and MySQL applications
- Understand PHP program structure and language syntax
- Understand Apache, the NetBeans IDE, and associated essential HTML skills
- Build versatile eCommerce applications
- Master the MVC pattern, cookies, and sessions
About this course:This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of the PHP scripting language that dynamically control the presentation of web pages based on user input and data stored on a server. Students learn the basics of SQL using the MySQL database; how to create, access, and manipulate MySQL data from within a PHP program; and how to set up and use HTML forms to gather input from a web page user. Special topics include file handling, how to handle data in a grid-like (spreadsheet) format in a web page, PHP security, and a brief overview of using AJAX with PHP.
Winter 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.