Introduction to PHP with MySQL
COM SCI X 419.39
This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of the PHP scripting language that dynamically controls the presentation of web pages based on user input and data stored on a server.
Starting at $950.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Know methods for developing user-friendly, programmer-friendly, customer-friendly, reliable, and easily readable integrated PHP and MySQL applications
- Understand PHP program structure and language syntax
- Understand Apache, the NetBeans IDE, and associated essential HTML skills
- Build versatile eCommerce applications
- Master the MVC pattern, cookies, and sessions
About this course:
This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of the PHP scripting language that dynamically controls the presentation of web pages based on user input and data stored on a server. Students learn the basics of SQL using the MySQL database; how to create, access, and manipulate MySQL data from within a PHP program; and how to set up and use HTML forms to gather input from a web page user. Special topics include file handling, how to handle data in a grid-like (spreadsheet) format in a web page, PHP security, and a brief overview of using AJAX with PHP.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
Instructor: Prentiss Knowlton
Enrollment limited. Enrollment deadline: October 2, 2018. Internet access required. Materials required.
No refunds after October 9, 2018
Book: Murach's PHP and MySQL by Joel Murach
©2014 Mike Murach & Associates
Internet access required to retrieve course materials.