This program is perfect for…
- Individuals who want to learn to develop applications for the Apple iPad, iPhone, and Google Android mobile devices
- People who want to learn to overcome key app development challenges, such as memory, processor, network access, and battery limitations
- People who understand one object-oriented programming language (C/C++, C#, Java, or Objective-C), which is necessary to develop Apple apps
- Individuals who have an instructor’s consent or Java programming and Android studio experience, a prerequisite to develop Android apps
What you can learn.
- The Objective-C language and frameworks that are essential for developing applications on the iPhone and iPad
- How to use iPhone and iPad app design elements, including buttons and text fields, navigation controllers, mapping and GPS functionality, and the newest application program interfaces (APIs) from Apple's latest production software development kit (SDK)
- The basic program structure and language syntax required to develop Android applications—including creating user interfaces, using Android library code, debugging programs, and producing apps with the Android SDK and Android Studio development platform
- How to develop user interfaces with Android fragments; multiple methods for retrieving and handling information from the web in Android apps; background threading techniques; and incorporating notifications, broadcast receivers, and other components
Estimated Cost Breakdown
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits. See our website or speak to a program representative for more information about candidacy and program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.