Counseling the College Bound Student
EDUC X 414.81
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
This overview course introduces college counseling and covers the process of academic planning for young people and their families as they navigate the college application process.
What you can learn.
- Develop college counseling techniques
- Understand the role of the college counselor
- Create successful college counseling plans
- Be familiar with a range of college counseling resources
- Review strategies to meet a wide range of college-bound students
- Understand the ethics and professional responsibilities of college counselors
About this course:
This overview of a college counseling course covers the differences between guidance and college counseling; the college counselor's unique responsibilities; college counselor's timeline; and available resources, including computer tools. Learn techniques to manage a college counseling office and create informational programs for students and parents. The process of academic planning for college and issues of adolescence are discussed, and various environments--public and private high schools and independent practice--in which college counseling takes place are compared and contrasted.