How to Cultivate an Intentional College-Going Culture with First Generation Families
This webinar will help high school counselors and other counseling professionals increase effective communication with families creating a college and career-ready culture between your organization and home.
As few as 1 day
What you can learn.
- Learn the difference between family involvement vs. family engagement in the college admissions process
- Discover Epstein's Six Types of Family Involvement
- Learn key theories of family engagement and ways to support and encourage it
- Identify school counselor misconceptions
- Understand how to cultivate an effective college-going culture with first-generation students and their parents
About this course:Learn research-based strategies and best practices that engage first generation families in an authentic and meaningful way to support students' post-secondary journeys. Participants learn the difference between family involvement and family engagement, common counselor misconceptions, and how to strategize and engage more high school students and their families in the college admissions process.
Fall 2021 Schedule
Date & Time