Health Education for Teachers
Fulfills Health Education requirement for Preliminary credential. Provides a holistic view of health, including physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being. This course motivates teachers of all level and subjects to become active agents of health promotion.
What you can learn.
- How to apply the content areas of the California Health Framework in the classroom
- The impact of legal mandates affecting health education in schools
- Including health promotion throughout your curriculum
- Strategies to address drug and alcohol abuse, physical fitness and childhood obesity
- Concrete ways to support student stress and violence prevention
About this course:
Winter 2019 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
This course does not include the CPR certification requirement; such certification should be obtained by contacting your local American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
Enrollment limited; advance enrollment required. Internet access required.