Health Education for Teachers
EDUC X 312.8A
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Fulfills Health Education requirement for Preliminary credential. Provides a holistic view of health, including physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being. This course motivates teachers of all level and subjects to become active agents of health promotion.
What you can learn.
- How to apply the content areas of the California Health Framework in the classroom
- The impact of legal mandates affecting health education in schools
- Including health promotion throughout your curriculum
- Strategies to address drug and alcohol abuse, physical fitness and childhood obesity
- Concrete ways to support student stress and violence prevention
About this course:
Fulfills Health Education requirement (Standard 10) for SB 2042 Preliminary Credential. Please obtain the approval of your credential program advisor before enrolling to ensure that this course satisfies your credential program requirements. Taking a holistic view of health, including physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being, this course motivates teachers of all levels and subjects to become active agents of health promotion. Based on the content areas of health instruction in the California Health Framework, topics include alcohol, drug, and tobacco use; nutrition; physical fitness; childhood obesity; HIV/AIDS; stress; peer harassment and school violence prevention; conflict resolution; emotional and behavioral disorders; and legal mandates affecting health and health education in schools.