Teaching AP® Biology
This online course includes intensive sessions for teachers who are designing an AP® Biology course for their high school or planning to take over an existing program.
What you can learn.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of an AP® Biology course
- Learn about the AP® program, timing, and scheduling decisions that must be made when offering the course
- Get tips on establishing a classroom experience that inspires students to do their best work
- Learn strategies for teaching and testing AP®-quality, multiple-choice questions, and free-response essays
- Create your own syllabus for a two-semester AP® Biology course
- Get recommendations on curriculum and book selection, source books, audiovisuals, and web-based learning opportunities
About this course:This 45-hour equivalent online course includes intensive sessions for teachers who are designing an AP® biology course for their high school or planning to take over an existing program. Biology is the study of living things and their life processes, and AP® Biology is a college-level course that concludes with an exam (offered each May) that covers a full year of course work. This course covers the strategies teachers can use to teach the main topics of biology as well as the new technologies that are being used in the study of biology. Participants explore new techniques geared toward teaching a college-level biology course to high school students. Instruction also focuses on tips for the AP® biology exam. Participants have the opportunity to share with other new and continuing AP® biology teachers. Administrators and AP® coordinators should find this course useful, as it explains the design, benefits, and challenges of an AP® biology high school course.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
When enrolling please provide a valid street address where a Federal Express or an UPS shipment can be accepted as well as a telephone number; P.O. box addresses cannot be used except when military addresses are involved.
*College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, and the acorn Logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
Enrollment limited. $100.00 nonrefundable