Teaching AP® Calculus
This online course includes intensive sessions for teachers who are designing an AP® Calculus course for their high school or planning to take over an existing program.
What you can learn.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of an AP® Calculus course
- Learn about the AP® program, timing, and scheduling decisions that must be made when offering the course
- Get tips on establishing a classroom experience that inspires students to do their best work
- Learn strategies for teaching and testing AP®-quality, multiple-choice questions, and free-response essays
- Create your own syllabus for a two-semester AP® Calculus course
- Get recommendations on curriculum and book selection, source books, audiovisuals, and web-based learning opportunities
About this course:This 45-hour equivalent online course provides teachers with the tools they need to implement an effective AP® Calculus AB course. During this training, teachers will explore the mathematical practices and the unit guides included in the revised Course and Exam Description. Participants will understand how to use activities and instructional strategies that organize the course content to develop students’ proficiencies in the skills needed for success on the AP® Exam. Calculus content review will be embedded within the course. The current Calculus AB Exam will be discussed in depth. Learning objectives include identifying the content and skills for success on the AP® Calculus AB Exam, identifying the characteristics of a “calculus-based” justification in a variety of free response questions, examining other resources to support teaching AP® Calculus AB, examining AP® Calculus AB exam scoring rubrics, and scoring AP® Calculus AB exams.
Summer 2020 Schedule
These courses are fully online and have no regular meeting times.
College Board workbook to be mailed prior to class start date. There is a $70 nonrefundable amount to cover the cost of workbook, in addition to the standard $30.00 nonrefundable amount.
When enrolling please provide a valid street address where a Federal Express shipment can be accepted and a telephone number; P.O. box addresses cannot be used except when military addresses are involved. APO, FPO, etc addresses are acceptable.
*College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program, and the acorn Logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
Enrollment limited. $100.00 nonrefundable