Teaching AP® Economics
EDUC X 394.15
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
This online course includes intensive sessions for teachers who are designing an AP® Economics course for their high school or planning to take over an existing program.
What you can learn.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of an AP® Economics course
- Learn about the AP® program, timing, and scheduling decisions that must be made when offering the course
- Get tips on establishing a classroom experience that inspires students to do their best work
- Learn strategies for teaching and testing AP®-quality, multiple-choice questions, and free-response essays
- Create your own syllabus for a two-semester AP® Economics course
- Get recommendations on curriculum and book selection, source books, audiovisuals, and web-based learning opportunities
About this course:
This course includes intensive sessions for teachers who are just beginning their experience in teaching an AP® economics course as well as those with experience who are looking for more innovative ways to teach the different concepts associated with AP® economics. Participants are introduced to the AP® economics course requirements and the format of the AP® economics exam through The College Board materials. Modules on different economic topics are covered, and participants develop lesson plans on these topics. Problems and questions from previously released AP® exams are used to relate both micro- and macroeconomics content to the concepts and principles addressed by the exams. The heart of the course focuses on the development of a course syllabus that meets the College Board requirements for recommended AP® economics curriculum.