The PROJECT MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE is a 6 course (24-unit) program. It provides grounding in key aspects of PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide–5th Edition) for those preparing to take the Project Management Professional Exam and achieve the internationally recognized Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. It is suitable for professionals in all industries and government services, including banking, construction, defense, entertainment, health, information technology, etc., and may be completed with public, online, and/or on-site courses.
Courses are offered at satellite locations ideal for those living or working in Downtown Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, and South Bay.
This certificate may be completed entirely with online courses.
On-site customized programming also available through Corporate Education.
Courses and Instructors approved by UCLA Anderson School of Management.
Apply for Candidacy
Submit your application prior to completing your third course in the program. Curriculum is subject to change and only enrolled candidates are assured of completing this certificate under its current course requirements. View details.
Approved for International Students
This certificate is approved for international students and meets the I-20/F1 visa requirements. For information visit the UCLA Extension International Student Office website.
Requriements & Prerequisites
Requirements: Students must complete 5 required core courses and 1 elective. A grade of "C" or better is required for all the courses and the program must be completed in 5 years.
Free Online Project Management Session: Feb 11-17.
Interested in Project Management? Sign up for a complete overview on Project Management. Enter to win a free Project Management course. Sign up now
To secure early-enrollment pricing register no later than 1 month prior to the course start date.
Asterisk “ * ” indicates currently offered courses.
The following courses X443.2, X443.17, X443.5, X443.8 requires X 443.1 Fundamentals of Project Management, or consent of instructor.
- Reza Ahmadi, Professor of Decisions and Operations Management, UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Jackie Anderson, Manager, Production Operations Disney
- Timothy Eng, Project Manager III, Southern California Region Kaiser Permanente
- Bridget Fleming, Founder, Project Management Methodologies Independent Consultant
- JM Gibis, DirectorEPMO, NBC Universal
- Bill Hackenberg, PM Methodology Specialist, UCLA Extension Instructor
- Al Hirsch, Managing Director, CTARCo International, UCLA Extension Instructor
- Terry Lewis, Manager, Raytheon
- King Lam, Planning & Performance Improvement,Power Production Southern Cal Edison
- Anil Malhotra, Director, Mattel
- Jonathan Won, Asst. Manager - LA County - Enterprise PMO (4 hospitals) LA County Department of Health Services
- Chad White, Senior Construction Manager , Vanir Construction Mgmt
- Robert Wright, Director, Engineering Operations, Raytheon
PMI, Project Management Professional, PMP, PMBOK® Guide , and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.