Air Quality Permitting and Enforcement Exam Preparation
This course provides in depth education on air quality permitting and compliance processes with a focus on the South Coast Air Quality Management District, also helping to prepare for the Certified Permitting Professional Exam.
What you can learn.
- Describe the entire air quality permitting process by agencies at the federal, state and local levels
- Define requirements to issue and obtain Permits to Operate (PO) and Permits to Construct (PC)
- Apply negotiation and verification of PC and PO conditions
- Identify and implement enforcement and compliance procedures
- Define strategies to work effectively with air quality agencies including the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District and Title V and RECLAIM permitting
- Prepare for the SCAQMD Certified Permitting Professional (CPP) examination
- Qualify to meet the training requirements of California Health and Safety Code 42320 Air Pollution Permit Streamlining Act of 1992
About this course:This course examines the roles and responsibilities of air quality management agencies at the federal, state, and local levels, with an emphasis on requirements to obtain air quality permits. Students learn the entire permitting process, from application issuance of Permits to Operate (PO) and Permits to Construct (PC). Topics include negotiation and verification of PC and PO conditions; enforcement and compliance procedures; strategies to work effectively with air quality agencies, such as the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) and the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District; air pollution control technology; and Title V and RECLAIM permitting. As the RECLAIM program is undergoing substantial changes and possible termination, this is timely. This course provides preparation for the SCAQMD Certified Permitting Professional (CPP)® examination, including weekly homework assignments.
Spring 2021 Schedule
These courses have regular meeting times and are fully online, via remote instruction. Click “See Details” below for more information.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted.
This course will be conducted remotely in real-time format using UCLA Extension's Canvas and Zoom learning platforms. The instructor will conduct the lectures on the scheduled days and times allowing students the opportunity to fully interact, ask questions and share stories