Traffic Engineering License Exam Preparation
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course prepares participants for the State of California Professional Engineers Board Traffic Engineer License Exam.
What you can learn.
- Analyze traffic volume for existing condition and new development
- Preform capacity analyses for various transportation facilities
- Evaluate safety elements for pedestrians, bicyclists, vehicles and construction work zones
- Recognize the law-related topics in California Vehicle Code (CVC)
- Examine signal timing and apply the principles of traffic flow
- Identify types of traffic collisions and how to mitigate
About this course:
This review course prepares participants for the State of California Professional Engineers Board Traffic Engineer License Exam. Each session includes an overview of the relevant subject matter. Instruction concentrates on traffic engineering fundamentals as they relate to the exam. The course benefits candidates for the exam, as well as practicing engineers who want to obtain a broader knowledge of the field and Civil Engineer License Exam - Transportation Option Applicants. Topics include parking design, management and needs study, traffic characteristics, capacity concept, transportation planning, traffic impact analysis, capacity analysis, traffic signal design, speed studies, school pedestrian safety, traffic safety design, freeways, ramps and interchanges, street operations, traffic control devices, and construction zone traffic control.
For more information on PE licenses, refer to the California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors at bpelsg.ca.gov.