Traffic Engineering License Exam Preparation
This course prepares participants for the State of California Professional Engineers Board Traffic Engineer License Exam.
What you can learn.
- Analyze traffic volume for existing condition and new development
- Preform capacity analyses for various transportation facilities
- Evaluate safety elements for pedestrians, bicyclists, vehicles and construction work zones
- Recognize the law-related topics in California Vehicle Code (CVC)
- Examine signal timing and apply the principles of traffic flow
- Identify types of traffic collisions and how to mitigate
About this course:This review course prepares participants for the State of California Professional Engineers Board Traffic Engineer License Exam. Each session includes an overview of the relevant subject matter. Instruction concentrates on traffic engineering fundamentals as they relate to the exam. The course benefits candidates for the exam, as well as practicing engineers who want to obtain a broader knowledge of the field and Civil Engineer License Exam - Transportation Option Applicants. Topics include parking design, management and needs study, traffic characteristics, capacity concept, transportation planning, traffic impact analysis, capacity analysis, traffic signal design, speed studies, school pedestrian safety, traffic safety design, freeways, ramps and interchanges, street operations, traffic control devices, and construction zone traffic control.
Summer 2021 Schedule
Remote instruction courses are taught online in real-time with regularly scheduled class meetings held via Zoom. Course materials can be accessed any time through an online learning platform.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised.
This course will be conducted remotely in real-time format using UCLA Extension's Canvas and Zoom learning platforms. The instructor will conduct the lectures on the scheduled days and times allowing students the opportunity to fully interact, ask questions and share stories