Construction Project Management Using MS Project
This course presents the software programs used to manage and control construction projects, specifically MS Project.
What you can learn.
- Develop construction schedules with definitions of detailed activities and identify interdependencies among them
- Process the logical relationship among the activities and apply sorting, sequencing, and categorization to improve schedule efficiencies
- Assign and manage costs and resources to activities in the schedule
- Use the schedule to review, track, and control project milestones
- Implement schedule optimization tactics, add delays in between activities in the form of leads or lags, re-allocate resources, level, crash, and fast-track for faster completion time
About this course:This course presents the software program used to manage and control construction projects. Instruction features hands-on training in the use of Microsoft Project Professional software to conduct multiple tasks such as preparing construction schedules which include definitions of detailed activities and assignments of logic relationships; defining and managing costs and resources (labor, equipment, and materials); sorting and categorizing information; preparing monthly updates of schedules; reviewing, analyzing, and troubleshooting schedules; developing, analyzing, and presenting delay issues; and producing reports and graphics.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Construction Project Management Using MS Project.
Fall 2019 Schedule
These courses are fully online, and there are no in-person classroom meetings.
Internet access required. Materials required.