Construction Quantity Take-off and Estimating (1-Day Course)
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn how to perform a material takeoff and develop a construction cost estimate for your construction projects in a fast track one-day course.
What you can learn.
- Prepare a conceptual estimate for a complete building project using historical unit pricing
- Recognize trade-specific scopes of work in a building construction project
- Estimate trade-specific scope packages off 2-D drawings with task-specific unit pricing
- Compile a detailed project estimate with Bluebeam Revu® and RSMeans® Online
- Present via PDF complete change order requests to account for drawings revisions
About this course:
This 8-hour class provides comprehensive quantity take-off and estimating training for building construction projects using Bluebeam Revu document reading software and RSMeans Online cost estimating software. Designed for all professionals with experience as a tradesperson in the field or in various AEC disciplines, this class presents the fundamentals of quantifying and calculating construction costs off 2-dimensional architectural and structural construction drawings/blueprints before diving into the software for hands-on, guided training on preparing construction cost estimates. Additionally, participants will be presented with the topic of change management and how to price and package change orders related to changes in scopes of work.