Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted.
Introduction to Civil Engineering for Horizontal Infrastructure
C&EE X 490.1
Learn the planning, design, construction, and project/construction management of horizontal infrastructure.
Starting at $999.00
As few as 11 weeks
What you can learn.
- Learn about site conditions and constraints of an existing site and how those conditions and constraints affect the design and construction of horizontal infrastructure
- Define the scope of work for field surveys used for project planning and design
- Calculate population growth predictions necessary for infrastructure planning and design
- Perform basic drainage calculations required for storm drain system design
- Perform earthwork quantity takeoff for roadway/highway alignment
- Measure material quantities and prepare an engineer’s estimate for a specific project site
About this course:An overview of the planning, design, construction, and project/construction management of horizontal infrastructure. Infrastructure considered with this course are roadways/highways, earthwork, domestic water distribution systems, sewer collection systems, and storm drain collection systems. The course and coursework follows a project from concept to completion. Topics include site considerations and evaluation, project planning, infrastructure design, construction and site safety, and project closeout.
Fall 2021 Schedule
Date & Time
This section has no set meeting times.
Instructor: Cyle Coles
No refunds after October 04, 2021
Book: Introduction to Infrastructure: An Introduction to Civil and Environmental Engineering by Dixit, Avinash, Reiley, D., Skeath, S., Parker, Philip J., Penn, Michael R.
©2011 Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, John
Internet access required to access course materials.