Introduction to Civil Engineering for Horizontal Infrastructure
C&EE X 490.1
Learn the planning, design, construction, and project/construction management of horizontal infrastructure.
What you can learn.
- Learn about site conditions and constraints of an existing site and how those conditions and constraints affect the design and construction of horizontal infrastructure
- Define the scope of work for field surveys used for project planning and design
- Calculate population growth predictions necessary for infrastructure planning and design
- Perform basic drainage calculations required for storm drain system design
- Perform earthwork quantity takeoff for roadway/highway alignment
- Measure material quantities and prepare an engineer’s estimate for a specific project site