Principles and Practices of Negotiations
MGMT X 445.6
This course provides the fundamental principles of negotiation with hands on practicing in seminar exercises and mock negotiations, emphasizing the human behavior theories and negotiation tactics for favorable outcomes.
What you can learn.
- Develop understanding of the fundamental principles and practices of negotiations
- Create a success-oriented environment by developing a framework and template(s) for analyzing, strategizing, planning, organizing, and implementing an approach to negotiate purchase contracts and business deals
- Recognize the value of good planning and how best to use tactics, strategies, deadlock, and countermeasures
- Apply the value of maintaining proper aspirations and self-esteem levels, and develop the ability to communicate both verbally and non-verbally with the knowhow on when to close and finalize the agreement in writing
- Gain practical expertise from seminar exercises and mock negotiations with opposing teams, applying tactical and strategic planning, human behavior theories, and negotiation techniques using real life scenarios