Working with Immersive Media: New Trends in XR(VR/AR/MR)
What you can learn.
- Cover all stages of VR design from writing to technical practicalities
- Discover how to integrate disparate technologies in your projects
- Test and try out these innovations in class to become familiar with game engines and operating systems
- Gain an understanding of the ever growing AR/VR landscape
- Explore the boundaries of traditional and digital formats
- Understand the still undefined language of the VR storytelling experience
About this course:
Learn how Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) content is created from inception to delivery, and how the 360 environment, immersive and interactive content are integrated with narrative story development and design. Throughout the course, leading hardware and software technology companies cover all stages of the process of content creation, from live action and CG capture to production and post-production by exploring and pushing the limitations of traditional and digital formats. Content creators discuss how they integrate those technologies in their projects and how technologies can benefit and support their ideas to define a unique language which may yet to be known. Students have the opportunity to test and try out these innovations in class, getting familiar with game engines (Unity), learning more about platforms and operating systems (Oculus), and understanding hardware use and support in live action and CG production (Nokia). Concurrently, prominent creators and producers demo the different types of AR/VR experiences, 360 videos, immersive media formats, and game-driven interactive content. At the end of the course you have an understanding of the AR/VR landscape and how to incorporate interactive elements in your creative projects.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No refund after October 9, 2018. Internet access required.