Investing for the Young Adult
Young investors have time on their side. What does that mean? Join us for this interactive seminar where we look at some of the basic building blocks of investing and the decision-making process as a young investor.
What you can learn.
- Discuss approaches to creating an investment plan
- Understand some common behaviors that can derail investment plans
- Learn why rebalancing a portfolio is important
- Learn why financial goals, short-term and long-term, can influence your investment choices
- Gain an understanding of why your risk tolerance is important
About this course:Stocks, Bonds (Not James), Mutual Funds, ETFs, REITs, Cryptocurrency, NFTs, Commercial Paper, Corporate Bonds, T-Bills, Gold, Commodities, Options. There's a multitude of investment vehicles. Then there are other aspects of investing such as investing for value, growth, investing in an indexed fund, foreign investments, a managed portfolio, small-cap, large-cap, mid-cap funds, robo-advising, discount brokers, brokers, financial advisors, and more. As a young investor starting out what do you need to know and how should you approach building a portfolio? This seminar looks at some of the basic building blocks of investing and decision-making.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.