Revenue Integrity – Introduction to Claims Series
The first part of a two-part series, this course is designed to introduce any student who is interested in or who is currently employed in any area related to billing, customer service, or collections and will address foundations for the revenue cycle and its applications.
What you can learn.
- Develop an understanding of the Hospital Revenue Cycle and contract methodologies
- Learn Body Systems and the basics of diagnosis coding for claims auditing
- Gain an understanding of modifiers and medically unlikely edits
- Discover how to break down the vocabulary of the hospital claim and about the UB-04
- Learn Drug Administration coding
About this course:Part one of the Revenue Integrity series is designed to introduce skills related to the hospital revenue cycle. The content explores insurance methodologies, concepts in medical diagnosis coding, and procedure coding for claims audits along with an in-depth look at regulatory guidelines, hospital charges, and claims integrity. Educating and developing exceptional employees in this arena will most importantly positively impact cash flow in billing and collections and improve customer service in all areas related to the patient bill.
Speak to a program representative. Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm.
Learn how we can help your organization meet its professional development goals and corporate training needs.
Donate to UCLA Extension
Support our many efforts to reach communities in need.