Introduction to the Stock Market
Learn about the equities markets in both up and down markets and the approaches that successful investors use to select stocks in both environments.
What you can learn.
- Learn successful strategies for protecting profits and limiting losses
- Understand investment risk, market cycles, and market psychology
- Balance your portfolio in multiple stock classifications: growth, income, cyclical, interest-sensitive, and defensive
- Learn to diversify through mutual funds
- Follow current monetary and fiscal policy and other sources of information to understand the impacts these have on your portfolio
About this course:Learn about the equities markets and the approaches that successful investors use to select stocks. Topics include goal-setting and successful strategies; protecting profits and limiting losses; understanding investment risk and market psychology; techniques for selecting stocks in both up and down markets; stock classifications--growth, income, cyclical, interest-sensitive, and defensive; approaches to the study of the markets--understanding market cycles; diversification through mutual funds; potential impact of current monetary and fiscal policy on portfolios; tracking/measuring stock performance; and how to read and comprehend financial tables and sources of information.
Winter 2020 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Enrollment limited. Early enrollment advised. Includes course materials.