This program is closed to new applicants. For currently enrolled students, please contact your certificate advisor at 310-206-7247 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding certificate completion.
This program is perfect for...
- Those in related fields, such as bankers, CPAs, trust officers, and attorneys, who want to deepen their skills in personal financial planning
- People already in the field of personal finance looking for advanced certification
- Individuals seeking advancement and updated skills in personal finance management
- Students who are interested in becoming personal financial planners
What you can learn.
- How recent financial upheavals and legislation impact personal financial planning professionals
- Qualitative and quantitative methods used to make financial-planning decisions
- Principles of investment analysis, portfolio management, and capital markets
- Ethical issues confronting financial professionals
What our certificates have done for our students.
feel a certificate helped them enhance their careers
1 in 4
received a salary increase after starting a certificate program
switched careers after completing a certificate program
recommend a certificate program to others
The General Business Studies with Concentration in Personal Financial Planning program curriculum is a total of 36 units, consisting of:
- 20 units of elective coursework in the business management discipline (MGMT X 1-199 and 400-499)*
- Additional 16 units of elective coursework focused in financial planning
- One required ethics seminar
Courses are typically four units each, but can vary. An average student may take a total of nine courses, plus one required ethics seminar, to complete this program.
Click below to view the required and elective courses, if applicable, for this program.
Estimated Cost Breakdown
All courses in this program are paid for individually, unless otherwise noted. An application form is required to establish candidacy in this program. From the 'Apply Now' button, complete the online application and pay the application fee if applicable.
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
*The Application & Candidacy Fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits.
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.
The Certificate in General Business Studies with Concentration in Personal Financial Planning is approved for international students (F-1 student visa).
International applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting test scores from either TOEFL, IELTS or iTEP. Some applicants may be exempt from this requirement if certain criteria are met.
English language proficiency (minimum*):
- TOEFL iBT: 87
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 overall
- iTEP Academic-Plus: 4.5