This program is perfect for...
- Those who have a passion to help others with the logistical aspects of health care
- Those with legal or insurance backgrounds who specialize in health care
- Allied health professionals
What you can learn.
- The fundamentals of the U.S. health care system, including common issues in patient advocacy
- How to advise and support patients with their care plans
- How to address and resolve patient complaints involving medical professionals and insurance companies
- Best practices as they are applied to legal and financial aspects of the health care system
- Language and skills to for effective communication with health care professionals
- Empathetic communication and active listening skills to work effectively with patients and families
Estimated Cost Breakdown
Application & Candidacy Fee
Estimated Program Tuition
Estimated program textbook/materials
Estimated Total Cost
*The Application & Candidacy fee establishes your candidacy in the program for a period of time covering normal progress toward completion and may allow you to access a variety of program benefits. See our website or speak to a program representative for more information about candidacy and program benefits.
Visa Requirement Applicable
VA Benefit Eligible
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges and universities to disclose certain information for any financial aid eligible program that, “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. This information includes program costs; occupations that the program prepares students to enter; occupational profiles; on time completion rate; and for the most recent award year: the number of students who have completed the program, the number of students who complete the program within the estimated duration, the job placement rate, and the median Title IV and private loan debt incurred by those who complete the program. For gainful employment information for this program, visit our Financial Aid page.