Introduction to Health Care Financial Management
HLT POL X 441
READ MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
This survey course introduces health care accounting and finance to non-financial students. Students learn the financial structure of health care organizations and the environment within which they operate.
What you can learn.
- Learn accounting and financial terms and concepts
- Integrate data, news, current events to formulate an opinion of the financial health of a company
- Craft a clear, transparent, and detailed analyst report
- Discover sources of financial data
- Explore key financial theories and how they can be applied to business decision making
About this course:
This survey course introduces health care accounting and finance to non-financial students. Students are exposed to the financial structure of health care organizations and the environment within which they operate. Instruction also introduces the use of accounting and financial information in investor-owned and not-for-profit organizations in the health care industry. Topics include understanding the creation and interpretation of financial statements, financial accounting and reporting requirements, financial analysis, time value of money and investment decisions, budgeting, and resource allocation. The course also introduces principles of effective negotiations.