Pharmacological Aspects of Alcohol and Other Drugs
What you can learn.
- Explore alcohol and other drug dependencies through multidisciplinary lectures, discussions, films, exercises, and readings
- Understand the complicated nature of dependencies as a disease and different substances of abuse
- Comprehend the current genetic and environmental research in the development of substance use disorders
- Identify symptoms of addictive disorders and various behavioral and medication-assisted intervention strategies
- Evaluate the prevalence of dependencies across the life span among adolescents, seniors, families, and those exposed to trauma
About this course:
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Required course in the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling Certificate. Restricted course; call (310) 825-7093 for permission to enroll. Web enrollments automatically generate a "Permission to Enroll" request.
Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: October 2, 2018. No refund after October 9, 2018. Materials required.