Study Skills and Other Key Preparations for the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling Certificate
COM HLT 889
Returning to school after many years and looking to build educational skills? This one-day seminar is designed to help you transition to college-level study by providing reading and specific study skills.
What you can learn.
- Assess your learning strengths
- Practice note-taking skills
- Improve your reading comprehension
- Ace the learning process by practicing 16 specific study skills
- Identifies strategies for writing essays
About this course:
This one-day seminar is designed for students who are returning to school for the first time in many years and may lack the skills necessary to make the most out of their continuing education experience. It is intended to help students make the transition to college-level education. Students assess their learning strengths and practice note-taking skills, reading comprehension, 16 specific study skills, and strategies for essay writing.