Sketching and Plant Identification
ARCH X 494.65
Using the gardens of Southern California, students learn plant taxonomy through obsrevation and recording using illustration and journaling.
What you will learn.
- Improve skills of observation
- Plan and establish a drawing format and process
- Keep a sketchbook/journal and documentation
- Improve basic plant identification knowledge through the use of sketching
- Improve illustrating/sketching techniques with pencil
- Increase knowledge of plant material
About this course:
Held at locations in and around the Southern California area, this course is an introduction to scientific illustration and plant identification. Students are introduced to plant taxonomy and terminology. The instructor establishes a plant pallet to be studied for each location. Above all, students develop a keen sense of awareness and observation.