Learn Italian online through our first year college-level course to develop linguistic fluency and gain proficiency in all four communicative skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) as well as cultural competence.
What you can learn.
- Use oral activities to interact in Italian
- Use vocabulary associated with daily student life
- Construct grammatically correct statements
- Restate information in listening activity sections
- Demonstrate use of acceptable pronunciation
- Correctly use verbs
About this course:A continuation of XL 2, this course emphasizes passato remoto, subjunctive moods, idiomatic expressions, and further development of conversational skills. Contemporary Italian language and culture are covered using a variety of interactive exercises and authentic materials. Conducted entirely in Italian. Transferable for UC credit.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Elementary Italian.