Translation: Spanish to English
SPAN X 460A
This course emphasizes the acquisition of appropriate vocabulary and practice in solving problems of contrastive syntax.
What you can learn.
- Understand the skills, knowledge, abilities, and the role of the interpreter and translator
- Understand and use specialized terminology from the legal, medical, and business fields
- Evaluate and render sight translation of documents from Spanish into English
- Understand and apply written translation techniques, including comparative grammar, between English and Spanish
- Create a portfolio of sample translations
About this course:
This course emphasizes the acquisition of appropriate vocabulary and practice in solving problems of contrastive syntax. Materials are drawn from legal, financial and economic, and basic technical texts that relate to medicine, the automotive industry, etc. Students are required to prepare technical glossaries in assigned areas.
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Translation: Spanish to English.
Admission to Interpretation and Translation Certificate: Spanish/English.