What you can learn.
- Learn how to think in various parts of the game
- Orchestrate short and long term plans
- Discuss opening and end game ideas
- Exploit weaknesses in opponent's positions
- Develop strengths is our own position
- Learn through practice exercises and examples
About this course:
Chess is one of the most popular strategy games in the world. This class works as a workshop and is best suited for anyone who knows the very basics (rules and moves). A quick refresher is given if necessary, but some very basic knowledge of the rules certainly helps. From there, we expand on various fun chess topics that include but are not limited to, strategies, openings, endgames, puzzles, exercises, and many others. We also dedicate at least an hour every week to gameplay where you are paired with people of similar skill. You are more than welcome to retake the class multiple times.
Winter 2019 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meetings January 21; February 18.
Plus members pay only $40 for this course. Enrollment limited. Visitors not permitted.