As of April 18, 2018
This bulletin lists UCLA Extension Job Openings only. Positions are posted on an ongoing basis until filled. The UCLA Extension website address is http://www.uclaextension.edu. Just click on “About Extension,” and then select “Careers at Extension”.
For more information about other opportunities across the UCLA campus, please visit the Campus Human Resources web site at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu .
HOW TO APPLY:
UCLA has recently implemented an online system that will make applying for specific positions much easier. Applying for positions will now be done entirely online at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu .
Please take a few minutes to visit UCLA’s Career Opportunities page where you can create a confidential account to store your application, search for the job that matches your interest and apply for the job using the online system.
Current UCLA career staff employees who have completed their probationary period, and whose most recent performance evaluation is satisfactory or better, may also apply at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu.
The qualifications listed for each position are general guidelines and define the typical skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the position. Salary ranges are monthly rates unless otherwise indicated.
Please note: non-exempt employees are paid bi-weekly at UCLA. Exempt employees are paid monthly. Hourly rates listed are for non-exempt positions.
UCLA Extension Human Resources
10995 Le Conte Avenue, Suite 613
Los Angeles, CA 90024
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST I, PRINCIPAL, SUPERVISOR EXEMPT): $5,325 - $7,295 MONTHLY
Under the supervision of the Director of Instructional Design and Learning Support (ID&LS) and the UCLA Extension Dean's Office, the Associate Director (AD) will oversee strategic and operational planning, assessment, course design and development, implementation, and evaluation activities in support of creating and sustaining a world-class experience for UCLA Extension instructors, staff, and students. S/he will regularly engage leaders, peers, and employees to lead and manage change initiatives.
The Associate Director (AD) supervises the daily operations of UCLA Extension's learning design, academic media production, and instructor professional development. In addition, the AD will monitor personnel and staff related recruitment, training, and ongoing professional development; planning and budgeting activities; and develop regular reports and communications regarding department activities and strategic priorities.
The AD will ensure that the department is fiscally compliant, and will provide budget planning and spending oversight. The AD will audit inventory and supplies on a regular basis, and ensure alignment with budget/fiscal goals and responsibilities.
- Manage the development of tools, templates, processes and resources to ensure projects are completed using timelines and budget parameters.
- Regularly oversee the work of others, evaluate performance, and provide feedback on staff performance and skill development. This includes coaching, progressive evaluation, discipline and discharge based on the guidelines, policies, and procedures of UNEX and the University.
- Work on other special projects as assigned.
- Partner with external and internal stakeholders ensure department activities meet stated institutional goals and outcomes.
- Structure departmental activities to align with institutional and departmental priorities.
- Lead documentation, maintain and review operational plans for consistency with group deadlines and best practices.
- Collaboratively develop strategic evaluation tools, interventions, and efforts to improve course quality at-scale with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor developments in online education, LMS, media, and other technology, as well as disruptive practices and experimental efforts in the field of online learning.
- Develop methods and procedures for analysis and management of data and data-driven reporting to internal and external stakeholders and deliver findings in actionable reporting format.
- Extract data from a variety of information systems. Analyze, and monitor the analysis of data to inform the development of learning supports.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding the online course offerings as assessed by institutionally-adopted standards.
- Assess emergent and ongoing initiatives, monitoring key performance indicators and measures of student success.
- Investigate and approve adoption of new methods and processes for learning assessment to ensure that courses are innovative and engaging.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- A degree (graduate degree preferred) in Education, Learning Design/Instructional Design, Psychology, Educational Technology with an emphasis in organizational change, educational technology, and/or learning analytics (or) equal combination of work and educational experience.
- Proven change and people management experience with an emphasis on change in higher education.
- Experience in educational technology, distance learning, synchronous and asynchronous, or directly related field.
- Solid understanding of pedagogy, and trends in online teaching and learning and faculty development.
- Familiarity with best practices of teaching and learning design and principles of adult learning theory.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes and budgets.
- Experience with data analysis tools (SPSS, R, Tableau) and reporting.
- Experience with database management (SQL & Access) and visualization (Tableau, Microsoft BI).
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, eLearning Software (Captivate, Storyline) as well as multimedia production tools (e.g., Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, etc.).
- Robust understanding of Learning Management Systems (LMS) and associated functionalities and Learning Tool Interoperability (LTI).
Requisition Number: 27710
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
APPLY AT THE FOLLOWING QUICK LINK-(cut and paste this link on your browser):