Millitary Spouse Career Advancement Accounts

UCLA Extension participates in the Department of Defense (DoD) Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) Scholarship program. This program provides financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing a MyCAA-approved certificate program of study at UCLA Extension.

For program eligibility requirements and restrictions, please contact Military One Source at 800-342-9647 or visit their website at

UCLA Extension cannot approve students for this funding, nor can we counsel you on your eligibility for these funds or what funding is available from the MyCAA Scholarship. Please contact your education advisor with MyCAA to secure funding.

If you would like to use MyCAA benefits at UCLA Extension, please complete the following steps:

  1. Establish your MyCAA account at the MyCAA website:
  2. Create your Career and Training Plan at by selecting UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA LOS ANGELES EXTENSION as the designated school. (You must designate University of California Los Angeles Extension to ensure that MyCAA funds go directly to UCLA Extension.) Requests designating other schools will not be honored.
  3. Within 90 days of each course start date, a current MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) voucher and the Educational Plan must be submitted to the UCLA Extension Cashier’s & Financial Services Office, Department K, P.O. Box 24901, Los Angeles, CA 90024-0901, telephone: 310-206-4835, email:

    This document serves as a “purchase order” and authorizes UCLA Extension to enroll you in the course and invoice MyCAA for enrollment fees.

    Course information on the MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) voucher must match the course information that is listed on our website at in the MyCAA-approved certificate program. In addition, the requested course must be listed in the curriculum outlined in the Educational Plan. MyCAA recipients will not be able to enroll outside of the outlined curriculum stated in the Educational Plan.

Note: If you're unable to access the MyCAA website, please contact 800-342-9647 for assistance.

Planning Your Career Training

We suggest that you complete an Educational Plan with an Extension certificate program advisor. You can use this information to create your Educational Plan/Career and Training Plan at MyCAA. Please remember, enrollment in a class will not be processed until you submit FA voucher to the UCLA Extension Cashier’s and Financial Services Office.

If you sign up for UCLA Extension’s email, you will receive notification when new quarter courses are available (about 7.5 weeks prior to quarter start date). UCLA Extension quarters are Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer.

This notification provides enough time to obtain your MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) voucher and submit it to the UCLA Extension Cashier’s & Financial Services Office before the quarter starts. Remember, awards from the MyCAA program are for enrollment/course fees only. Expenses for books/supplies, lab fees, parking, etc., are paid by the student.