Sponsored Awards and Scholarships - Updated 2017
UCLA Extension accepts funds from organizations that would like to help students defray the cost of enrollment fees through sponsored awards and scholarships. UCLA Extension will administer sponsored awards and scholarships for organizations under the following terms:
- All checks/funds received from third parties/donors will be automatically deposited to the recipient's account for unrestricted use, Funds received from donors and sponsors will be processed as gift payments to students' accounts. Any unused balances will be refunded to the student. Responsibility for using the funds appropriately rests solely with the student. UCLA Extension cannot monitor the student's selection of courses for which funds are used.
- It is the student's responsibility to provide any reports of satisfactory academic progress to a sponsor organization. To accomplish this, students may request an official transcript from UCLA Extension at any time. They may also designate where the transcript is to be sent. UCLA Extension cannot provide any other reports of satisfactory academic progress directly to a sponsor.
- Funds for sponsored awards and scholarships should be made payable to the UC Regents and sent to Regents of UC; Department K; P.O. Box 24901, Los Angeles, CA 90024-0901. Organizations that sponsor Extension students must also provide the following information to UCLA Extension:
- A. Recipient's name, address, and telephone number
- B. The award enrollment period (e.g., Fall 2017 through Spring 2018).
- C. Organization's contact information
Student Account Balances
- Prepayment of enrollment fees may be held on account to 180 days, any unused balances will be refunded to the student after the retention period. Funds received from donors and sponsors will be processed as gift payments to students' accounts, any unused balances will be refunded to the student. Funds receive from donors and sponsors will be released to students' accounts without restricted use
- Any checks or funds received from donors or organization containing restrictions, stipulations or requirements that conflict with the above statements will be returned to the donor or organization.
For more information, feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office at 310-825-4246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.