Biochemistry: Biosynthetic and Energy Metabolism and Its Regulation
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for Biochemistry: Biosynthetic and Energy Metabolism and Its Regulation.
Life Science 2 and Life Science 3 (or Life Science 7A, 7B, and 7C), Life Sciences 23L, and Chemistry 153A with a grade of C or better.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: October 2, 2018. No refund after October 9, 2018. Internet access required. Materials required.
This course applies towards the following certificates & specializations…
What you will learn.
- Understand enzyme-catalyzed reactions in metabolic pathways
- Gain a broad understanding of carbohydrate, amino acids, and lipid metabolism
- Understand the regulation and integration of metabolic pathways
- Explore the resulting pathophysiological states from a mis- or dysregulation of metabolic pathways
- Read and comprehend primary literature articles related to metabolism