General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory II
What you can learn.
- Determine if a chemical reaction has taken place and predict the reaction products
- Analyze lab protocols and perform procedures for synthesis and analysis of organic compounds
- Recognize hydrophobic and hydrophilic interactions and predict the product
- Write balanced chemical equations for reactions
- Synthesize and purify a compound and analyze it using spectroscopic techniques
- Understand retrosynthetic analysis
About this course:
It is advisable that you complete the following (or equivalent) since they are prerequisites for General and Organic Chemistry Laboratory II.
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meetings November 9, 10, 23 & 24.
Course fee includes laboratory usage fee, breakage fee, all equipment, chemicals, supplies, and student parking on the SMC campus. Students are responsible for purchasing an approved flame-resistant lab coat and safety goggles.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: September 28, 2018. $280 nonrefundable. No refund after October 2, 2018. Internet access required. Materials required.