Observing Animals: Behavioral Studies in Zoos
What you can learn.
- Yield meaningful and useful results in the study of animal behavior
- Organize and collect numerical data
- Produce accurate descriptions of behavior
- Learn to recognize various components, categories, and contexts of behavior
- Minimize artifacts and errors in studies
About this course:
Fall 2018 Schedule
These courses meet in person and make use of an online presence to varying degrees.
No meeting November 22.
Offered in cooperation with the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association (GLAZA).
Credit students receive homework assignments each week and are required to engage in at least 15 hours of observational study at the zoo.
Enrollment limited; early enrollment advised. Visitors not permitted. Enrollment deadline: September 20, 2018. No refund after October 4, 2018.