Course DescriptionThis comprehensive, step-by-step overview of physical production processes covers the tangible and intangible aspects of line producing, including budget; breakdown and scheduling; hiring and working with cast, director, staff, crew, and outside vendors; choosing locations; equipment and music; how to deal with divergent personalities and specific problem solving during production; and the differences between producing a movie independently versus with a studio. This is not an introduction to production course.
Course OutlineGain an understanding of the boots-on-the-ground work of physical production through the various tasks of a line producer such as creating a budget, location scouting, hiring crew, and everything in between.
PrerequisitesA basic knowledge of film production and Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling software are highly recommended.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Acting : Electives
- Business and Management of Entertainment : Electives
- Cinematography : Cinematography
- Directing : Elective
- Entertainment Studies : Producing, Electives
- Film and TV Development : Electives
- Independent Producing : Electives
- Producing : Required, Electives
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required