This advanced course is a project-based exploration of advanced topics in GIS with a focus on spatial data management, modeling, advanced spatial analysis and geoprocessing, spatial data manipulation, and geocomputation.
What You Will Learn
- Develop the ability to ask higher-order geographic questions and to solve advanced geographically-based problems
- Assess potential and consequences of geospatial technologies
- Develop computing, problem-solving, and project management skills for GIS projects
- Perform quality control assessments of GIS projects
- Apply advanced spatial analysis and data visualization methods to solving real-world problems and answering geographic research questions
- Explore techniques, methods, and concepts related to advanced themes in GIS
Technical requirements: Students are responsible for providing a personal computer with at least 2GB of RAM that runs Windows 7 or better. Macs can be used provided that Windows is installed either using Boot Camp or virtualization (VirtualBox, Parallels, etc.) with at least 2GB of RAM allocated to Windows. Students will be provided with a student license for ArcGIS as long as they are enrolled in program courses.
Course OutlineThis advanced course is a project-based exploration of advanced topics in GIS with a focus on spatial data management, modeling, advanced spatial analysis and geoprocessing, spatial data manipulation, and geocomputation.
Application & Candidacy Fee: $200.00
Estimated Program Tuition: $7875.00
Estimated Program Textbook/Materials: $400.00
Estimated Total Cost: $8475.00