Course DescriptionTimes have changed, but the essential writing skills for constructing a solid argument, expressed with precision and eloquence, have not. In this course, students acquire the skills needed to mount a compelling case and call to action. Through course readings, written assignments, and stimulating guest speakers, discover how writing for advocacy can be memorable, provocative, and persuasive--all while developing your own unique voice in the 21st century multimedia environment. Knowledge of AP style strongly recommended.
PrerequisitesCollege-level nonfiction writing skills.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Fundraising : Defined Elective - Electives
- Journalism : Defined Elective - Elective List
- Journalism with Concentration in Journalism Writing : Defined Elective - Elective List
- Journalism with Concentration in Media Studies : Defined Elective - Elective list
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required