Considered the leading professional association for project managers, the Project Management Institute (PMI)® administers a globally recognized and respected certification program. The Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is the profession's most universally recognized and respected credential. To be eligible for PMP® certification, you must first meet specific requirements of experience and education and agree to adhere to a code of professional conduct. The final step in becoming a PMP® is passing a rigorous computer-based examination designed to objectively assess and measure your project management knowledge. This course helps participants prepare for taking the PMP® examination by providing a concentrated structured review of the key areas of knowledge required to be successful.
Course OutlineThis course helps participants prepare for taking the PMP® examination by providing an intense and structured review of all aspects of project management's framework by PMI®.
The curriculum in this course is spread over four consecutive Saturdays to allow you to absorb the course material in manageable portions. Choose from the following optional sessions (links on the right) throughout 2018 to fit your schedule:
• Four Saturdays, May 5, 12, 19, 26 – Woodland Hills, $1,350
• Four Saturdays, July 7, 14, 21, 28 – Westwood, $1,350
• Four Saturdays, Sept 1, 8, 15, 22 – Woodland Hills, $1,350
• Four Saturdays, Nov 3, 10, 17, 24 – Westwood, $1,350
Who should take this course?
Our PMP Prep program is developed if you are seeking to:
• Earn educational-hours, PDUs (Professional Development Units) required to apply for the PMP® exam, or to maintain your existing certification.
• Take PMP® (Project Management Professional) exam by PMI® and acquire the PMP® certification based on PMBOK Guide®, 6th Edition.
• Acquire a fast-track project management comprehensive knowledge within four full days.
• Embellish your career whether coming in as new or seasoned project management professional.
• Take CAPM® (Certified Associate Project Manager) exam by PMI® and acquire the CAPM® Certification as a precursor if not meeting minimum required work-hours for PMP® exam.
• The program is delivered in a classroom setting with live interaction by an instructor with a wealth of diverse industry experience.
• The curriculum is comprehensive and intense with an enormous value in a blended learning experience where we will teach you both certification achievement and practical skills development which you can apply immediately on your job.
• The curriculum is designed to provide you with accelerated and condensed training that is highly focused on the certification’s exam objectives using a unique blend of live lectures, interactive tools, and exam based practice questions in a team environment, as well as pointers to take online-simulated full final exams.
• The material we will teach in this course is updated to cover all 49 project management processes, their inputs, tools, techniques and outputs based on PMBOK Guide®, 6th Edition, adhering closely to PMI®’s Project Management framework of:
Five Process Groups
Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring/Controlling, and Closing
Ten Knowledge Areas
Integration, Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholders
This course is all-inclusive with resources, material and all information you will need to thoroughly prepare for the exam. In addition to the curriculum, it will provide you with hundreds of practice questions and exercises designed to help master the difficulties and key concepts covered on the exam.
Included in the enrollment fee, you will receive the following learning material based on PMBOK Guide® 6th edition:
1. Exam Prep Book
2. 8-pages Quick Reference Guide
3. Exercises Workbook
4. 350 Flashcards
Department of Engineering & Technology