Course DescriptionDefining the role of the music supervisor by drawing on the combined resources of the film and television communities to marry music and moving images, this course is for anyone interested in the business and art of film and television music. Lectures and discussion with guest speakers present the principles and procedures of music supervision. Past guest speakers have included composers, music supervisors, filmmakers, producers, music licensing representatives, and executives.
Course OutlineInterested in the business and art of film and television music? Learn exactly what a music supervisor does by drawing on the combined resources of the film and television communities to marry music and moving images.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Acting : Electives
- Cinematography : Cinematography
- Directing : Elective
- Entertainment Studies : Electives
- Film and TV Development : Electives
- Film Scoring : Electives
- Independent Music Production : Electives
- Music Business : Electives
- Music Supervision : Required
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required