Course DescriptionThis course emphasizes the acquisition of appropriate vocabulary and practice in solving problems of contrastive syntax. Materials are drawn from legal, financial and economic, and basic technical texts that relate to medicine, the automotive industry, etc. Students are required to prepare technical glossaries in assigned areas.
Course OutlineThis course emphasizes the acquisition of appropriate vocabulary and practice in solving problems of contrastive syntax.
PrerequisitesAdmission to Interpretation and Translation Certificate: Spanish/English.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP) : AIEP
- American Culture and Communication : American Culture and Communication
- Intensive English Communication Program (IECP) : IECP
- Legal Interpretation and Translation Spanish/English : Required
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required