Course DescriptionThis course covers simultaneous modes of interpretation with some consecutive interpretation as related to court and adjudicatory hearings in chuchotage. Instruction includes practice in the Rozan method of note taking; materials include court proceedings and selected articles. Extensive use of tapes for practice in decalage and simultaneous translation of legal and political speeches and lectures.
Course OutlineThis course part of the Interpretation and Translation certificate trains students in simultaneous interpretation through strategies, techniques, exercises, accuracy and well-paced, natural interpretation.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP) : AIEP
- American Culture and Communication : American Culture and Communication
- Intensive English Communication Program (IECP) : IECP
- Legal Interpretation and Translation Spanish/English : Required
- Study Abroad at UCLA Program : Required